Complete the following pressure leak test:
- Make sure the tubes have been inserted fully and the knurled nuts tightened.
- Check the fluid cell is not causing the leak, e.g. hold finger tightly over the fluid cell port of the airline and apply a pressure to separate a potential leak from an incorrectly seated fluid cell nozzle or o-ring.
- Check that the vent valve closes smoothly over the sealing surface without any sticking or squeaking.
- Set up a system with a nanopore and let the system run for a few minutes at two pressures. Use the Classic Capture mode to record this test. Suggested conditions:
- Nanopore: NP250/NP300
- Particles: CPC200 (1:200) or CPC400 (1:500). Aim to have a blockade magnitude of 0.3 nA.
- Electrolyte: PBS + 0.03% surfactant
- Applied pressures: e.g. 2 and 10 mbar
Related article: Is my VPM functioning correctly?