The coating solution is viscous compared to the electrolyte. Follow the steps below to complete the equilibration procedure:
- Remove the upper fluid cell. During fluid changeovers, to maintain pore hydration it is best to add a drop of measurement electrolyte to the top of nanopore surface. Do not wipe dry the top of nanopore surface at this stage.
- Wash out the upper fluid cell with DI water and dry with compressed gas.
- Rinse out the lower fluid cell by replacing the fluid with electrolyte 2-3 times. Once completed, load the lower fluid cell with electrolyte.
- Wipe the top of the nanopore surface, immediately replace the upper cell and load electrolyte into the upper fluid cell.
- Connect the VPM nozzle and apply a maximum pressure for 10-15 min to flush out the high viscosity concentrated ICS from the pore.