Improve your AFC user experience with the latest AFC updater
The latest AFC updater (V2.2.7) fixes the error message that comes up when qEVsingles are used where user is requested to add more buffer during a run. The new software now no longer erroneously request additional buffer due to slow flow rate.
AFC software update instructions
- Download the Updater installer and install it.
- Plug AFC in to the power supply and turn it on.
- Do not remove power from the AFC during the update.
- If the AFC was not powered on during the update process, the AFC will notify the user that the update must be repeated with the power on.
- Plug the AFC into the USB port of computer (with the updater already installed).
- Open the AFC Updater program. The program should appear like the image below:
If the AFC Updater shows multiple COM ports and none of these are labelled AFC, do the following to determine the COM port of your AFC:
- Open the program without an AFC attached via USB to the PC, and take note of the available COM ports in the drop down menu.
- Restart the program with the AFC connected and powered on, and take note of any new COM ports that have appeared. The new COM port will be your AFC.
- Select it, and continue with the update as normal.
- A popup will appear if you do not have the latest AFC firmware on your machine, please download the update as the image below:
- Ensure the AFC is selected in the dropdown box Labelled “Port”. For AFC Firmware versions prior to 2.2.7, the version number will not appear in the dropdown box.
Ensure that the AFC is powered on at this stage
- Click on “Update AFC to 2.2.7 “to update the AFC. This process may take up to half an hour.
- Once the update is complete, ensure that the home screen of the AFC displays version 2.2.7.
- Test that the AFC operates correctly by going through a run on a column with filtered PBS. You can cut short the “flushing” step, if required. Just confirm that the AFC is flushing.