This software updater is only for the V2 version of the AFC, the version type is shown in the serial number on the unit e.g. AFC-V2-0001
The latest AFC(V2) update (1.1.20):
- Now compatible with the Gen 2 qEV10 columns.
- Added Platter Flip functionality for qEVoriginal and qEV1.This allows the purified collection volume (PCV) to be increased to more than 2 mL by using the 5 mL collection tube side of the carousel. This is useful when you want to collect your entire PCV in a single tube rather than having to pool your fractions after collection.
- The column cleaning step in the settings menu has been updated to follow the same process as post-collection column cleaning.
- The pre-collection flush step has been removed. If you do wish to flush your column prior to use, you can do this at the priming preparation stage. Just simply add the amount of buffer you require rather than the recommended 1 mL to prime the nozzle tubing on the AFC and run the pump until all the buffer has flushed through.
- Touchscreen calibration now occurs post-update.
- Column flush renamed to column clean in settings menu.
AFC(V2) software update instructions
- Download the Updater installer and install it.
- Plug the AFC into the USB port of computer (with the updater already installed).
- Plug AFC into the power supply and turn it on.
- Do not remove power from the AFC during the update.
- If the AFC was not powered on during the update process, the AFC will notify the user that the update must be repeated with the power on.
- Open the AFC Updater program. The program should appear like the image below:
If the AFC Updater shows multiple COM ports (communication ports) and none of these are labelled AFC, follow these steps to determine the COM port of your AFC:
- Open the program without an AFC attached via USB to the PC, and take note of the available COM ports in the dropdown menu.
- Restart the program with the AFC connected and powered on, and take note of any new COM ports that have appeared. The new COM port will be your AFC.
- Select it, and continue with the update as normal.
- A popup will appear if you do not have the latest AFC firmware on your machine, press 'Get Update' to download the update:
- Ensure the AFC is selected in the dropdown box labelled “Port”.
Ensure that the AFC is powered on at this stage
- Click on “Update AFC to X.X.X“ to update the AFC. This process may take up to five minutes.
DO NOT connect or disconnect any USB devices during the update process as this can interrupt the installation.
Once the update is complete, ensure that the About screen of the AFC displays the new version X.X.X.
Test that the AFC operates correctly by going through a run on a column with filtered PBS. Once you have confirmed the AFC is flushing, you can cut short the “flushing” step if you wish.